Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there!
- This week was a taper week leading up to my 10K race, so my weekly total was pretty low: 18.45 miles.
- This is my third week of the Runner’s World Run Streak. 21 days down, 19 to go!
- In the mood for a good salad? Check out this Big Fat Taco Salad, which would be easy to omnivore-ize.
- I will have fitness clothes reviews next week! I found some summer tanks on sale at Dick’s Sporting Goods and ordered tanks and bras from Lorna Jane (the sale on tanks and bras continues through today).
- I ran my first 10K! I skipped right over the 10K distance in races, going from 5K to 12K (the infamous San Francisco Bay to Breakers!) to half marathon. It was a great race! I really enjoyed it and am pretty happy with how I did. I’ll be posting a recap tomorrow.
Monday was a rest day, so I did one easy mile without my GPS (crazy!).
Tuesday was my only real workout of the week–two miles at tempo pace.
Distance: 4 miles | Time: 43:31 | Pace: Easy
warm-up and cool down runs then two miles at near-5K race pace
15 minutes yoga
Wednesday was an easy run day.
Distance: 3.19 miles | Time: 35:54 | Pace: Easy
Another easy, short run on Thursday…
Distance: 2 miles | Time: 22:42 | Pace: Easy
25 minutes yoga
Distance: 1 mile (no GPS!)
40 minutes strength training
…and Saturday, when I ran to the Strip to pick up my race packet.
Distance: 1 mile | Time: 11:14
Sunday was the Man Up Father’s Day 10K, which I loved. I’ll post the race recap tomorrow. Distance according to my GPS: 6.26 miles.