I made this Roasted Brussels Sprouts dish for Thanksgiving three years, and my family has asked me to bring it for every holiday meal since then. Even those in my family who say they hate Brussels sprouts love this dish. While roasting the sprouts takes time, this dish is very simple to prepare and has just a few ingredients. If you’re looking for an easy and delicious side dish for Thanksgiving, give this a try!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Recipe from Vegetarian Times
- 2 lb. Brussels sprouts, large sprouts halved, small sprouts left whole
- 3 Tbs. olive oil (I used less; just make sure the sprouts are nicely coated)
- 2 Tbs. maple syrup
- 2 Tbs. vegan margarine (Earth Balance), optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss Brussels
sprouts with oil in large baking dish or on baking sheet, and season
with salt and pepper, if desired. Roast 45 minutes, or until tender,
loosening sprouts from baking dish or sheet with spatula every 15
minutes, and making sure they brown nicely.
- Transfer to serving bowl and toss with maple syrup and butter, if using.
Note: Serve immediately, but these taste just as good at room temperature.
Can’t wait to check out other Meatless Monday recipes!