Happy Friday! Today I’m sharing a really great recipe I tried recently. It’s from Weight Watchers and is a light and refreshing coleslaw that’s perfect for summer. It’s easy to make and would be a great addition to a summer potluck or barbeque. I loved it and will be making it all summer!
Lemony Coleslaw with Apples
Recipe from Weight Watchers
Points Plus Value: 1
- 6 1/3 Tbsp reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup(s) fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp lemon zest, grated
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 14 oz packaged coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots)
- 2 medium fresh apple(s), Gala suggested, cut into matchsticks
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh parsley, Italian-variety, chopped
- 2 medium uncooked scallion(s), thinly sliced
- I made a vegan version by simply substituting vegan yogurt and mayo. The yogurt I used was an almond milk yogurt, and because it was on the sweet side I omitted the sugar.
- I don’t like an overly strong lemon taste, so I used only 2 tbsp lemon juice and no lemon zest.
In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper. Add coleslaw mix, apples, parsley and scallions; toss to mix and coat. Cover and chill 30 minutes for flavors to blend. Yields about 2/3 cup per serving.