If you’re looking for a simple but delicious side dish for Thanksgiving, try this! I first made this dish for Thanksgiving five years ago, and my family has asked me to bring it for every holiday meal since then. Even those in my family who say they hate Brussels sprouts love this dish. While roasting the sprouts takes time, this dish is very simple to prepare and has just a few ingredients.
Enjoy your Thanksgiving!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Recipe from Vegetarian Times
- 2 lb. Brussels sprouts, large sprouts halved, small sprouts left whole
- 3 Tbs. olive oil (I used less; just make sure the sprouts are nicely coated.)
- 2 Tbs. maple syrup
- 2 Tbs. margarine (I use vegan Earth Balance), optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss Brussels sprouts with oil in large baking dish or on baking sheet, and season with salt and pepper. Roast 45 minutes, or until tender, loosening sprouts from baking dish or sheet with spatula every 15 minutes, and making sure they brown nicely.
- Transfer to serving bowl and toss with maple syrup and butter, if using.
Note: Serve immediately, but these taste just as good at room temperature. Sprinkle with additional salt if desired.