This will be a short recap since my weekend was non-existent. I had a big project at work that I had to work on all day both yesterday and today. This project was planned for months and I’m not complaining, but boy is it tough to work seven days straight without a break.
Yesterday was a scheduled rest day in a planned rest/transition week after last weekend’s race. This morning I was out at 6 a.m. to do three easy miles before heading into work, which definitely made the work day better.
- I’m so happy to be running again in the early mornings. I love being out when the birds are starting to sing and when it feels like I have the whole world to myself (aside from the other few runners also out), and getting a great workout in before the sun rises. Soon, as the days lengthen, I’ll get to see the sun rise too.
- Per Sara’s suggestion, I bought chocolate soymilk for after runs. What a treat! I used to buy chocolate soymilk when I made a lot of smoothies, but I haven’t had it in more than a year. It has 5 grams of protein and 19 grams of carbs (but much less calories than regular milk) so it’s a good recovery snack. And it tastes delicious.
- My new Athleta running rain jacket came when I was working this weekend (boo!) so it’s waiting for me at the post office. With the rain we’ve been having, I’m sure I’ll need it soon. Look for a fit review this week.
- Monday: Rest and 60 minutes yin yoga, hip series
- Tuesday: Tempo run–Distance: 4.02 miles; Time: 43:20; Pace: 2 miles at 9:49 pace sandwiched in between two 11:30 pace easy miles | 30 minutes hip-release yoga
- Wednesday: Easy run–Distance: 3 miles; Time: 34:34; Pace: 11:30 | 45 minutes strength training
- Thursday: Intervals: 3 X .5 miles at 9:39 race pace–Distance: 3.84 miles; Time: 42.34; | 25 minutes essential yoga for runners
- Friday: 45 minutes strength training
- Saturday: Rest
- Sunday: Easy run–Distance: 3.19 miles; Time: 36.09, Pace: 11:20
Total weekly mileage: 14.05